SOP ON Receipt, Issue & Control Of Lab Chemicals
The purpose of this SOP is to lay down a procedure for issue, control and disposal of lab chemicals.
This SOP is applicable for issue, control and disposal of lab chemicals in Quality Control Department at manufacturing site.
- Analyst / Section Head or his designee shall be responsible for follow the SOP.
- The Head of Quality Control Department or his designee shall be responsible and implementation of the SOP.
- Lab chemicals shall be received and checked at the gate office by security staff and stamped as “MATERIAL IN” with date and signature.
- The responsible chemist shall check the name, quantity, and grade & pack condition. The damaged or opened pack shall be returned to the respective vendor.
- The chemist shall label the container as per the format given in Annexure–I.
- The chemical shall be arranged alphabetically in the chemical rack taking into account the incompatibility characteristics. The acid chemical shall be stored in plastic tray filled with sand. The chemicals shall be stored in chemicals storage room.
- The inflammable solvents shall be stored separately.
- The hygroscopic chemicals shall be stored separately.
- Inward register as per the format given in Annexure-II.
Shelf life of the chemicals is given below:
|Hygroscopic and Deliquescence materials||:||Six month from the Date of openings of chemical.|
|For all solvents,||:||Two year from the Date of issue of chemical.|
|Chemicals other than as mentioned Above.||:||Two Years from the opening of chemical bottle.|
- The empty pack shall be returned for disposal and documented.
as per SOP on Training of Employees
as per SOP on SOP
Annexure –I : Label for lab chemicals
Annexure –II : Lab chemical Inward Register