To provide detail procedure for Analyst qualification of Quality control analyst for the performance verification.
This SOP is applicable for qualification of Quality Control analyst working in QC laboratory at manufacturing facility.
Manager – Quality Control and Head of Quality assurance is responsible for the qualification of Quality control analyst.
- All new joined analysts in the QC shall be qualified on the basis of accuracy, precision and GLP.
- Head-QC shall decide nature of work and job responsibility of new recruit. Same shall be authorized by Head-QA.
- Analyst shall be trained on all specific instruments, equipments, procedures, system and documentation as per requirement of the department.
- Analysts shall be qualified for critical tests involving instruments eg. HPLC, UV-VISIBLE SPECTROPHOTOMETER, AUOTOTITRATOR, DISSOLUTION TESTER etc…
- Existing experienced analysts shall be qualified every three years on critical tests & in case of change of job / instruments.
- The Manager QC shall provide a coded sample (previously analyzed) to the analyst for analysis. Record of coding of samples shall be available with Manager QC (Refer Annexure – II)
- The sample shall be coded as AQ-YY-001
Where “AQ” is Analyst Qualification
Third Character is “-” dash.
Fourth & Fifth characters “YY” is year
Sixth Character is “-” dash
Seventh character “001” is serial number
For example AQ-20-001
identified sample shall be given to analyst along with details of procedure.
- The analyst shall also be evaluated for compliance to GLP while working in QC
- UV, AUTO TITRATOR and HPLC shall be performed in triplicate for assay test & % RSD shall be evaluated.
- Dissolution Test shall be performed single and compare the results.
- The test results shall meet the acceptance criteria as per the respective product specification.
- The analyst shall follow the STP’s of the respective products and do all the documents as per current practices.
- The raw data shall be finally reviewed by Head-QC and approved by Head- QA.
- Analyst qualification card of each analyst shall be maintained by respective analyst or by department representative. (Refer Annexure – III).
- In case analyst not meeting the acceptance criteria, the Manager QC shall look in to record and provide the on job training to the analyst. After the training, analyst shall be re-qualified as per procedure.
- The analyst validation shall be performed for the critical tests defined in the table below.
|Assay (By HPLC/UV/ Potentiometry/Titrimetry)||RSD shall NMT 2.0%|
|Karl Fisher||RSD NMT 2.0% for moisture content more than 5.0% RSD NMT 5.0% for moisture content more than 3.0% to 5.0% RSD NMT 10.0% for moisture content more than 1.0% to 3.0% RSD NMT 15.0% for moisture content up to 1.0%|
|Dissolution||Results shall meet the product specification|
- All analyst
shall be issued with certificate based on their job responsibility followed
with qualification after successful evaluation as per Annexure – IV.
- Competency analytical List shall be prepared for each analyst as per annexure V.
Every analyst shall be requalified periodically after every 2 years or as per requirment.
As per SOP
As per SOP
Annexure I : Analyst Qualification Record
Annexure II : Identification for coded sample
Annexure III : Analyst qualification card
Annexure IV : Analyst Qualification Certificate.
Annexure V : Analytical Techniques Competency List.