The purpose of this SOP is to provide procedure for cleaning & effective removal of previous product / batch residue from carton weighing balance.
This SOP is applicable for cleaning of carton weighing balance at manufacturing facility of XXX.
- Officer/ Executive shall be responsible for the effective removal of previous product / batch residue from carton weighing balance as per procedure.
- Head of packing department shall be responsible for the effective implementation of the procedure.
- HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT :
- Put ‘OFF ‘the electricity supply before starting the cleaning.
- Do not use any corrosion causing agent to clean the balance.
- PRODUCT TO PRODUCT AND BATCH TO BATCH CLEANING:
- Put ‘OFF’ the mains of carton weighing balance.
- Remove the ‘USE FOR’ label from the machine and affix ‘TO BE CLEANED’ label.
- Ensure that the balance is totally free from packing material of previous product / batch.
- Clean the platform, indicator, balance stand, cable with dry clean lint free duster as shown in below diagram.
- Clean the area below the carton weighing balance with dry clean lint free duster as shown in below diagram.
- Clean the area below the platform of carton weighing balance with dry clean lint free duster as shown in below diagram.
- Remove ‘TO BE CLEANED’ label and affix ‘CLEANED’ label duly filled with equipment code number, previous product, SOP No., cleaned by, signature, date and the cleaning due date on “ CLEANED VALID UP TO ” as per SOP.
- Record the observation of the cleaning in area and equipment usage and cleaning log.
- If the cleaned equipment is not used within 48 hour after cleaning or if there are any traces of dust or powder settled on the outsides surface , then it should be wiped with Wet lint free duster followed by clean dry lint free duster.
- If the cleaned equipment is not used after cleaning within 72 hours then Re clean the equipment before use.
Trainer : Head – Packaging Department
Trainees : Packaging Department
Controlled Copy No.1 : Head of Department – Quality Assurance
Controlled Copy No.2 : Head of Department – Packaging
Original Copy : Head – Quality Assurance
- ANNEXURES :
- REFERENCES :
- REVISION HISTORY: