The purpose of this SOP is to provide procedure for cleaning & effective removal of previous product / batch residue from conveyor belt.
This SOP is applicable for cleaning of conveyor belt at manufacturing facility ofXXX.
- Officer/ Executive shall be responsible for the cleaning & effective removal of previous product / batch residue from Conveyor belt as per procedure.
- Head of packing department shall be responsible for the effective implementation of the procedure.
- HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT :
- Put ‘off ‘the electricity supply before starting the machine cleaning.
- PRODUCT TO PRODUCT AND BATCH TO BATCH CLEANING:
- Put OFF the power switch of conveyor belt.
- Remove the `USE FOR’ label from the machine and affix `TO BE CLEANED’ label.
- Remove all packs, foil pieces, tablets (If any) present on the conveyor belt.
- Clean the SS motor guard with dry clean lint free duster as shown in below diagram.
- Clean the tray / platform of conveyor belt with clean dry lint free duster as shown in below diagram.
- Lift the NTB endless belt and clean it from underneath with clean dry lint free duster as shown in below diagram.
- Clean the below conveyor belt with dry clean lint free duster as shown in below diagram.
- Clean the body of the conveyor belt and rollers of the machine with clean wet lint free duster and then with dry clean lint free duster as shown in below diagram.
- Clean the Condot printer installed on conveyor.
- Remove ‘TO BE CLEANED’ label and affix ‘CLEANED’ label duly filled with equipment Code number, previous product, SOP No., cleaned by, signature, date and the cleaning Due date on “CLEANED VALID UP TO” as per SOP.
- Record the observation of the cleaning in area and equipment usage and cleaning log.
- If the cleaned equipment is not used within 48 hour after cleaning or if there are any traces of dust or powder settled on the outsides surface, then it should be wiped with Wet lint free duster followed by clean dry lint free duster.
- If the cleaned equipment is not used after cleaning within 72 hours then Re clean the equipment before use.
Trainer : Head – Packaging department
Trainees : Packaging / QA Staff
Controlled Copy No.1 : Head of Department – Quality Assurance
Controlled Copy No.2 : Head of Department – Packaging
Original Copy : Head – Quality Assurance
- ANNEXURES :
- REFERENCES :
- REVISION HISTORY: