The Purpose of this SOP is to provide procedure for operation Cotton/ Rayon inserter machine.
This Standard Operation Procedure is applicable for operation of Cotton/Rayon inserter machine at manufacturing facility of XXX.
- Officer/ Executive shall be responsible for the effective operation of cotton inserter machine as per procedure.
- Head of production department shall be responsible for the effective implementation of the procedure.
- HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT :
- Do not touch moving part of the machine.
- Use hand gloves and snoods during operation.
- During operation all moving parts should be covered with safety guard.
- Ensure that external earthing is provided to machine.
- Ensure that all the machine parts are cleaned as per SOP.
- Remove the ‘CLEANED ‘label and put ‘USE FOR ‘label on the machine as per SOP.
- Machine Operation
- Put ‘ON‘ the mains of cotton / rayon inserter machine.
- Switch ‘ON‘ the power on the touch screen by turning of the key Switch then ‘ COUNTEC‘ logo screen will display . On touching the screen, PLC will display the ‘MAIN CONTROL ‘ menu.
- Then Operating mode is displayed on the screen.
- Mount the cotton / rayon roll on the machine through the cotton supporters and by operating ‘ROLLER UP DOWN’ from the PLC as shown in below diagram.
- Adjust the height of the cotton / rayon tube with the help of hand wheel depending upon the height of the bottle / container to be used in a such a way that the mouth of the cotton tube comes exactly over mouth of the tube as shown in below diagram.
- Adjust the pusher in such a way that it goes perfectly inside the bottle without touching the edges of bottle’s mouth. Adjust the position of the bottle / container stopper II as shown in below diagram.
- Adjust the height of cotton / rayon sensor as per the height of the bottle / container. it should sense the presence of cotton inside the bottle / container as shown in below diagram.
- Adjust the required cotton / rayon length and number of cotton pieces to be inserted from the PLC and adjust cotton stopper in such a way that the centre of cotton piece comes under the lower pusher.
- Adjust the speed of the conveyor belt considering the cotton / rayon insertion time, stopper time and block time feed to the PLC.
- Adjust the cotton sensor in such a way when the bottle / container comes in front of the sensor, the rotating tube assembly should be functioning properly.
- Check the functioning of rejection unit by removing cotton / rayon from the bottle / container. The bottle / container without cotton / rayon should be rejected by the rejection unit.
- Close the safety door properly.
Trainer : Head – Packaging
Trainees : Production Department
Controlled Copy No.1 : Head of Department – Quality Assurance
Controlled Copy No.2 : Head of Department – Packaging
Original Copy : Head – Quality Assurance
- ANNEXURES :
- REFERENCES :
- REVISION HISTORY: