The purpose of this Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) is to lay down the procedure for Operation, maintenance and Calibration of Ultrasonic Water Bath.
This SOP is applicable to Ultrasonic Water BatH) in Quality Control Department at manufacturing facility of XXX.
- Analyst / Section Head or his designee shall be responsible for follow the SOP.
- The Head of Quality Department or his designee shall be responsible and implementation of the SOP.
- PRELIMINARY CHECK:
- Fill the Water in water bath up to the level which shown on the tank. Whenever the Ultrasonic Water Bath is required with specific temperature then heater to be kept “ON”.
- Ensure that there is no leakage of water from water bath.
- Do not put any heavy objects on the bottom of the tank as it can damage the transducers. Always use tray supplied with ultrasonic bath.
- Ensure that liquid does not splash on the controls and switches.
- Basic Operation :
- Connect the Ultrasonic Water Bath to the main power supply with the connecting plug the cleaner into grounded outlet.
- Press the “TIMER” key for setting 1-99 min working time. Press “TIMER” for reducing the time continuous. During working, you will hear the “sizzling” voice, that means the cleaner running properly.
- Set temperature ( if have ): press “Heating +” key for setting temperate 0°C-80°C.press the “TEMPERTURE – ” key for reducing temperature.
- Then press the “Heating” button “ON” begin to heat.
- Press “Ultrasonic” button “OFF”, the cleaner will stops working, indicator light turn off. And then disconnect the power supply.
- Press “Heating” button “OFF”, the heating function will stop.
- MAINTENANCE :
- Ensure system is off and disconnect the power cable from the main socket before cleaning.
- Clean the water bath and replace the water on daily basis or as and when the water gets turbid.
- CALIBRATION PROTOCOL:
Calibration Frequency: Yearly
- Carry out the Calibration of temperature indicator controller with sensor and time by an approved external party.
Trainer : Head – Quality Control
Trainees : Sectional Heads / Analyst / Officers
Controlled Copy No.1 : Head of Department – Quality Assurance
Controlled Copy No.2 : Head of Department – Quality Control
Display Copy No.1 : Hot Zone Area
Original Copy : Head – Quality Assurance
Equipment User Manual
- REVISION HISTORY: