The purpose of this SOP is to provide procedure for cleaning & effective removal of previous product / batch residue from strapping machine.
This Standard Operation Procedure is applicable to cleaning of stripping machine at manufacturing facility of XXX.
- Officer/ Executive shall be responsible for the effective removal of previous product / batch residue from Stripping machine as per procedure.
- Head of packing department shall be responsible for the effective implementation of the procedure.
- HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT :
- Wear snood, hand gloves and nose mask at the time of cleaning.
- Put ‘OFF’ the electricity supply before starting the machine cleaning.
- PRODUCT TO PRODUCT AND BATCH TO BATCH CLEANING:
- Switch ‘OFF’ the mains of strapping machine.
- Remove the ‘USE FOR’ label from the machine and affix ‘TO BE CLEANED’ label.
- Remove the previous product / batch PP strap from the machine.
- Clean the rotary conveyor belt of strapping machine with dry clean lint free duster as shown in below diagram.
- Clean control panel with dry clean lint free duster as shown in below diagram.
- Clean the sensor of strapping machine with dry clean lint free duster as shown in below diagram.
- Clean the PP strap holder with dry clean lint free duster as shown in below diagram.
- Clean the acrylic guards of strapping machine with dry clean lint free duster as shown in below diagram.
- Remove ‘TO BE CLEANED’ label and affix ‘CLEANED’ label duly filled with equipment code number, previous product, SOP No., cleaned by, signature, date and the cleaning due date on “ CLEANED VALID UP TO ” as per SOP.
- Record the observation of the cleaning in area and equipment usage and cleaning og.
- NOTE: If the cleaned equipment is not used within 48 hour after cleaning or if there are any traces of dust or powder settled on the outsides surface, and then it should be wiped with Wet lint free duster followed by clean dry lint free duster.
- If the cleaned equipment is not used after cleaning within 72 hours then Re clean the equipment before use.
Trainer : Head – Packaging
Trainees : Packaging & QA Staff
Controlled Copy No.1 : Head of Department – Quality Assurance
Controlled Copy No.2 : Head of Department – Packaging
Original Copy : Head – Quality Assurance
- ANNEXURES :
- REFERENCES :
- REVISION HISTORY: