The purpose of this SOP is to lay down the procedure for detect the PVDC coated side in PVC/PVDC or PVC/PE/PVDC film.
This SOP applicable for all PVC, PVC/PE foil coated with PVDC film at manufacturing facility of XXX.
- Officer/ Executive shall be responsible for shall be responsible for detect the PVDC coated side in PVC/PVDC or PVC/PE/PVDC film as per the procedure.
- Head of packaging department shall be responsible for the effective implementation of the procedure.
- Remove the polybag cover of PVC/ PVDC or PVC/PE/PVDC film.
- Packing officer should affix the sticker of “OUTER SIDE‘’ at the end of PVC/PVDC or PVC/PE/PVDC film.
- Cut a piece of foil from the PVC/PE/PVDC film roll.
- Wear the safety goggle and nitrile hand gloves
- Pour the drop of Morpholine solution on sticker affixed side.
- After 2 minute, if the colour of foil turn to yellow colour, that indicates that the side is PVDC coated.
- If foil does not get yellow then perform the same test from second side of foil, if second side fails to meet criteria foil should be rejected.
- In case where PVC roll has joints, tests should be performed on formed blister formed from the PVC after joint.
- If test fails to meet the acceptance criteria, piece from the PVC should be cut and opposite site should be tested. If both sides fail to meet the criteria remaining roll should be rejected.
Trainer : Head – Packaging/designee
Trainees : Packaging & QA Department Staff
Controlled Copy No.1 : Head of Department – Quality Assurance
Controlled Copy No.2 : Head of Department – Packaging
Original Copy : Head – Quality Assurance
- REVISION HISTORY: