The purpose of this standard Operating Procedure (SOP) is to lay down a procedure for operation of moisture balance.
This procedure is applicable for moisture balance in manufacturing department of Production area at manufacturing facility.
Make: Contech (Modal:CBB-50,Capacity : 50 gm)
3.1 Officer/ Executive shall be responsible for operation of moisture balance.
3.2 Head of production department shall be responsible for operation of moisture balance.
- PRELIMINARY CHECK:
- Check and ensure that the instrument is clean and suitable for use.
- Ensure that the equipment is connected to a stabilized power supply.
- BASIC OPERATION:
- Put’ ‘ON’ the main switch.
- Press the key ‘START/STOP’ on keypad. Press “TARE” key to zero the weight, if required.
- Press “SET UP” then adjust the %-M (100 °C) as per product requirement by pressing the key ‘MODE’(auto/manual) displayed the range of %,Test time, Balance parameters on screen such as then press key ‘ENTER’ to enter the setting to moisture balance memory
- Then adjust the temperature as per product requirement by pressing the keys scroll p and q followed by increase and decrease the temperature displayed the range of temperature on screen such as then press key ‘ENTER’ to enter the setting to moisture balance memory.
- For setting time press key ‘TIMER’ shows clock of the Screen then press the keys scroll p and qfollowed by increase and decrease the time as per product requirement .The unit displayed by time is in min. then pres key ‘ENTER’ to enter the setting to moisture balance memory.
- Again presses the key ‘ENTER’ to take all setting in memory.
- After display on screen (0.000g.), distribute the test material on the sample pan when the ‘START’ display on left top corner then close the lid of the moisture balance.
- It must be displayed the unit of LOD is in % after completion of the testing of LOD the moisture balance may give and displayed ‘END’ at the of the top of screen.
- Switch ‘OFF’ the moisture balances and wait for 10 min. allow cooling the sample pan clean the sample pan.
- The instrument should be Start time, End time and cleaned daily for disturbance free operation and record in annexure-II.
- Calibration the Balance :
- Calibration of the moisture balance is done by In-house quarterly and outside party Frequency of calibration is in every year
- Use Only good Calibrated weights performing auto calibration.
- Press ‘TATE’ key to make the weight read Zero.
- Keep the standard mass on the pan and wait for it to become stable.
- Press ‘F’ key, and after calibration it will display ‘CAL-DONE’.
- PRELIMINARY CHECK:
Trainer : Head – Production/Designee
Trainees : Production Department Staff
Annexure I : Calibration Of Moisture Balance
Annexure-II : Cleaning and Usage Log of Instrument